Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolution: I will blog

Happy New Year 2009 everybody!!

I took the resolution of writing on my personal blog this year, following the example of the Cosmic Diary, a IYA2009 Cornerstone project,  that will bring to the public light the life of several astronomers around the globle through a group blog. 

I am not going to be at the office until Monday, but I am keeping busy with the Andorra 2009, Any Internacional de l'Astronomia blog. I posted there today a picture of a sunrise that I took while observing at CFHT

Besides that, New Year's day is a quiet day for me but with two strong traditions. The first of them is getting up early and enjoy the New Year's Concert by the Wiener Philarmoniker from Vienna. This year, it was directed by Daniel Baremboim which gave an excellent performance. I would rate it among one of the best of the last 10 years, with a superb selection of music and an amazing show by Baremboim.

The second tradition is watching the Ski Jumping Tournament from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, the second competition of the 4 Hills Tournament. This year they used a brand new jump and the winner was the Austrian Wolfgang Loitzl, in a thrilling finish with first-round leader and world cup leader swiss Simon Ammann who finished 2nd, less than 2 points away from the winner.

No comments: